New Lion Bus from Gorman Enterprisesby Marketing
Gorman Enterprises is pleased to introduce the newest school bus technology, the new Lion Bus from Lion Bus Incorporated.
Bill Gorman, president of Gorman Enterprises commented, "We are pleased to be able to partner with Lion Bus to offer customers the new standard in school bus value. This new bus design will offer dramatically improved durability, lower maintenance costs, resulting in a longer product life cycle and a lower cost of ownership."
Mark Bedard, president of Lion Bus said, "The new Lion Bus product design offers a number of product attributes that are unique to the industry which school districts and private fleet operators will find beneficial" including:
* Product lifeycle (bus body): 15 years versus the current metal body design that lasts seven to ten years.
* FVMSS testing: passed all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard Testing without comment.
* Materials: bus body-outer shell is made of non-metalic, composite material finished with gel-coat, a high quality coating with proven anti-corrosion properties. In the event of collisions, the body is easily repairable to factory standards.
* Body skirts: formed using TPO, a durable, anti-corrosive material with a proven track record in commercial applications.
* Door step-well: manufactured using a durable, one-piece poyethylene that will not corrode.
* Battery tray/box: constructed of acid-tolerant polyethylene that will not corrode.
* Driver visibility: wnidshield is 20 percent larger and hood slope is considered best in class.
* Wider interior: 96-inch body width enables 18-inch aisle width using seat widths of 39 inches.
* Safety: three-point seat belts (lap and shoulder) can be installed without any capacity loss using seat widths of 42-inches.
* Roof construction: constructed in one-piece composite material that will not corrode or leak water.
* 15-year warranty: available for New York State required steel floor and crossmembers.
* New York State-Department of Transportation: approved floor plans.
Bedard commented, " We are pleased to be able to work with Gorman Enterprises to introduce this new product design that we believe will change the way customers look at purchasing their bus fleets."
"Due to increasing safety regulations and the many financial challenges facing school districts and private contractors, we had to come up with an innovative product development strategy. We placed a premium on durability and lower maintenance costs, and delivered a value proposition that stands apart from anything on the market today. We have produced innovative solutions to very specific problem areas by utilizing materials and designs which stand up to the unique duty cycles found particularly in the New York State market" Bedard added.
Th Lion Bus is available in New York State in 65 and 71 passenger capacity configurations. The bus will come with a Spartan front-engine diesel chassis, designed by industry leader Spartan Chassis Incorporated. Lion Bus chose the Cummins, 6.7 liter, 200-250 horsepower engine and an Allison 2500 PTS transmission to complete its outstanding design. The main components, including axels, drive train, suspension and engine, were selected for this design because they are commonly available parts that have been used for years in the industry.